Amritsar, May 5:
Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) president Bibi Jagir Kaur, said that it was saddening to see that the holy Guru Granth Sahib Ji got burnt in an incident of fire at Chakk Kamal Khan village near Ajnala due to electricity short circuit.
She said that the occurrence of such incidents taking place at Gurdwaras is unfortunate. The managing committees of Gurdwaras should conduct periodic inspections of electrical appliances to prevent fires due to short circuits inside Gurdwaras.
Bibi Jagir Kaur also appealed to the sangat to refrain from installing fancy lights, etc. and to ensure that AC and fans like electrical appliances should be kept running only in the presence of a sewadar. She said that the main power switch should be turned-off at night. She said that appeals have been made by the SGPC many times. But still tragic cases are coming to light due to administrative negligence at Gurdwaras.
Bibi Jagir Kaur also appealed to the preachers to keep the sangat and the organizers informed during the programmes.
Meanwhile, the SGPC president also expressed deep sorrow over the desecration of Gutka Sahib of Gurbani at Ahlisadar village in Fatehabad district of Haryana. She said that the matter should be investigated and severe punishment should be given to the culprits so that no one would dare to do so again.
This website has been developed to provide information to the public for awaring SGPC activities based on the data provided by Sikh Itihas Research Board. Suggestions are welcome with reference to authentic historical resources and requested to mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.